Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Pain in the Neck or Wherever...

In one of my recent blogs, I mentioned that sometimes I skip a blog day because I am having significant pain. Those of us who are in the chronic category of pain and have become enlightened to what's out there know that it is not good to live with pain. I know a lot of people who think that living with pain is some type of martyrdom. There are those who won't go to docs for some reason. But what they don't realize is that the longer a person stays in chronic pain, the more permanent the pain becomes. It has to do with nerve pathways.

Anyway, if you are in pain, it would be a good idea to find a pain doctor. There are many organizations that represent people in pain. Some of them are: American Chronic Pain Association, American Academy of Pain Medicine and the American Pain Foundation.

Many people who take medication for chronic pain still live active, happy lives. There are also many activities that reduce pain, yoga, for example. Also - swimming, meditation...My favorite is knitting.

Stay close!

Carol

P.S. I don't mind blogging away happily knowing that only one person is reading my blog. I'm not sure why I am so shy about letting people know that I have one. I haven't even told my family and friends. Oh, I did tell Sofia's mom so she could see Sofia's pretty sweater online!
Later!

2 comments:

  1. I have recommended this blog to a good friend of mine who lives in Denver. He lives with more pain than a fellow should be asked to carry. Your thoughts may be comforting to him.
    Charlie Leck

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi carol, thanks for sharing your thoughs...i too have chronic pain and appreciate hearing that another person puts up with it...you added a little sun to an otherwise gloomey day in denver...keep bloging...
    fred kamm

    ReplyDelete